Thursday, March 20, 2008

Self Publishing

If I had the time, the self-publishing venture I'd take on would be an online, non-profit volunteer publishing site. The freelance news site I'd start would be open to the public, have no copyright laws, offer a diversity of information and news, and give people the opportunity to express themselves with liberation. My user-generated news website would give space for people to voice their opinions on politics, arts and entertainment. Other bits of news-worthy information floating around in the local community can also be submitted to the site, such as late-breaking events, health relevations and personal-interest stories. I would make my section on the web worthwhile and let it become a place for people to seek free speech.

With the convenience of the Internet nowadays, it is very simple to start a website publishing business, even if it is private. As long as you take the initiative to begin this innovative task, you can work wonders. I believe in the importance of personal opinion, and moreover free speech. If somebody has something to say, why should they silence themselves? I think that those with controversial or startling views on the structural order of society should speak their minds. Everyone has something to say. Nobody's opinion should be discounted. I want to organize a free news outlet for anybody who've never gotten the chance to get their opinions heard or published. It would have three primary sections -- politics, arts and entertainment -- and two additional sections -- one for editorials and one for feedback. I want to start simple and work my way up on this site.

I'd start running my site on my own and as I receive more traffic, I'll ask three of my friends to be editors of all the content generated on my site from day to day. I will never censor people's work unless they violate the terms and conditions of free press. Although spelling and grammar is important, I think it's better to leave a writer's rough work what it is so you can get a sense of their character. Besides allocating space for free speech, I'd create a separate section on the news site for audio speech. I could compile a live, online audio conference program that people can communicate by instantly and freely. This service will provide an outlet for people who have a hard time putting their thoughts together on paper, to speak out.

The types of news stories I'd allow on my site would steer clear from mainstream culture and focus on the more normal, less flashy side of life. These stories can be about people's own personal experiences, secret relevations and (but not limited to) independently witnessed incidents around the city. If my site grows huge in traffic hit, I may consider hosting Google advertisements or endorsing in affiliate marketing to increase my site's popularity globally. Through two different types of communication, audio and print, I'd try to push my innovative strategy a little further and develop streaming videos of rare news footage not reported anywhere else.

My goal in creating this open news source is to have people make their points of view known without being conflicted about their political correctedness. I will open comment sections under each news article so the rest of the public can post their thoughts about a particular story. Everyone can share their ideas and nobody has to be afraid of the power of speech.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home